If you include these foods in your diet to lose belly fat and have some of them for every meal you will be healthier and leaner fast.
Reducing belly fat is perhaps one of the biggest challenges we face when it comes to losing weight. While fat tends to accumulate on different areas of the body, the stomach is one of the most difficult to work on because it requires total effort and willpower. Even though diet and exercise can significantly help to noticeably reduce belly fat, it’s a smart idea to keep a few other tips in mind that can help you achieve better results in a shorter amount of time.
Abdominal fat is the most difficult to eliminate because this is where the body tends to accumulate the most fat. Neglecting your diet, a craving or other slip up can end weeks and even months of effort.
What is the Belly Fat Diet?
Now you must be curious to know what is the Belly Fat Diet and how does it work? Well, to begin with, the Belly Fat Diet is far from being a crash diet where you are not permitted to eat any food at all. This diet is designed to help you lose belly fat naturally by including certain foods that target belly fat. This particular diet has to be followed for 7 days and each day will consist of 4 meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack.
Helpful Tips to Follow the Belly Fat Diet Successfully
Here are a few helpful tips to lose belly fat which can assist you to follow the Belly Fat Diet more effectively and turn it into a successful one.
- Avoid calorie-rich drinks such as shakes, fruit juices, soda, energy drinks and coffee beverages. Focus on drinking plenty of water instead.
- You can have black coffee, green tea, black tea and other herbal teas without sugar as these don’t add empty calories to your diet. We all know the wonderful uses of green tea for weight loss.
- Avoid processed and refined foods because they don’t have any nutrients and contain several additives and sugar.
- The added sugar in processed and refined foods will make you feel hungrier and cause more fat storage and can also increase the production of insulin.
- Allow yourself a cheat meal and snack once a week because it becomes difficult to stick to a diet when you crave certain foods.
- Once a week allow yourself a calorie-rich dessert, cheeseburger or a slice of pizza.
Example of Diet to Lose Belly Fat
The tabular version mentioned below is the explanation of when and what you can eat in your diet plan to reduce your belly fat. You can follow this routine or plan for about two to four weeks with proper amount of exercise. Before you take up this diet plan, make sure you consult your dietitian, and check if it’s alright for you to practice it. When you are on this diet plan, make a variety of food recipes which are healthy, and which have some of the ingredients, mentioned below, in them. These ingredients are rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs), and hence, you should include them in at least one meal of the day:
- Flaxseed and Walnuts: Omega 3 essential fatty acids are present in variable amounts in both flaxseed and walnuts.
- Macadamia Nut: It is very high in fiber content, and can help improve your digestion.
- Peanut Butter: The nutrients present in this are magnesium, B complex vitamins, vitamin E, and potassium.
Avocado: It has a good amount of beta-sitosterol.
- Sunflower Seed: Fairly good amounts of vitamin B and E are present in these.
- Almonds: Protein, fiber, and vitamin E are found in these.
- Olive Oil: Almost all MUFAs and a number of antioxidants are present in olive oil.
Breakfast: Oatmeal, 3 egg whites, and banana
Snack 1: Non-fat yogurt mixed with nuts and berries, fruit/vegetable juices without sugar
Lunch: Chicken breast and fish fillet, with 2 cups greens and non fat dressing along with brown rice
Snack 2: 2 plain rice cakes with one teaspoon almond butter and chopped broccoli, low fat soup
Dinner: Fish fillet of cod or snapper, steamed with 1 cup cooked mustard greens and spinach, along with a potato
Dessert: Fruit and vegetable salads without creams, but with non-fat yogurt, non-fat milk, protein drinks
This was an example of a belly fat diet plan, which you can try out. With these foods which need to be included in the diet plan, you can be sure of losing a fairly good amount of belly fat. But you have to make sure you follow the diet plan sincerely and timely.